Saturday, March 9, 2013

The Hotel by Deborah Ford

I have read a LOT of fiction. I have read a LOT of TG fiction. I have frequented Fictionmania and published there. I have frequented Literotica and published a few stories there. My Kindle is full of stories about gender transformations, wives becoming Mistresses, leading to cuckoldry, the feminization of their husbands, etc.

There are only a hand full of stories I read over and over. The Hotel is one of those. I kid you not . . . as soon as I'm done with it, I leave it around to read through it again.

My first experience with "The Hotel" was on Fictionmania. I liked it well enough to download it, but it wasn't one of my favorites. I felt the story barely got started before unfeeling Mistresses were whipping him. It was a bit of a turn off. But Deborah Ford removed her stories and re-wrote this one from scratch, and did an amazing job on it. She expanded it to a full length novel that has become one of my all time favorites.

What I like about is this: there is a feeling of control in each and every page; it follows the main character from being a husband getting to experience his dream come true fetish to suddenly finding himself as only a silly maid completely under the control of the Hotel staff. Mistresses are clever and all knowing and willing to establish their authority with both whips and sharp tongues, but the most delicious scenes are those between the main character (whose new name is "Debbie") and his wife (who has even more deliciously chosen to go by her maiden name, "Miss Johnson"). The Hotel has assigned her a new man (Paulo) to take care of her while she is there, and he has a vested interest in increasing his hold on the wife and furthering Debbie's emasculation and descent into being just another meaningless, silly headed maid.

From the very beginning, you can see our hero's doomed fate, and it's a step by step fall that is utterly delightful with each step. His struggle is so wonderful that I find it almost impossible to stop reading, and it's on going. Every single thought that is not devoted to being a silly maid is caught up with when he'll have a chance to confront his wife and ask her to take him out of there. It's so agonizing and it's such a tease, because he constantly gets close and feels the helplessness of the Hotel conspiring against him.

Of course, one of my favorite aspects of the story is that there is a hint of mind control, behavior modification that remains subtle, and constant. The character is being manipulated, changed, controlled, and being made to enjoy it every step of the way. He almost doesn't notice that he is becoming utterly submissive and dumb and obedient.

Nice job. Well worth the price, and she's done a sequel, The Hotel Christmas Special, that I will review soon.

This one gets give painted toes for its highly erotic story telling.

No comments: